Fit Your Pole or Curtain Rail
For best results fit your pole or curtain rail before measuring. To fit correctly measure the width of your window and add 20 to 40cm (12 to 16"), this will give you a 15 -20cm clearance either side of your window, so curtain can be drawn clear of the window allowing maximum light through. Position your pole or curtain rail 15cm above your window recess and centre ensuring you have 15-20cm (6-8").
To determine curtain width:
Measure the width of your curtain pole (exclude finials) or track. Do not measure the window. To give a nice fullness when the curtains are closed we recommend the following:
- For pencil pleat curtains - 2 - 2.5 times the width of the pole or curtain rail.
- For Eyelet Curtains - 1.5 to 2 times the width of the pole or curtain rail.
To determine the drop (length):
Measure from the top of the rail or bottom of the pole ring (where pole is to be exposed when curtains are hanging) to the required length. There are 3 typical positions:
- 15cm (6") below the window sill (assuming no obstructions such as a radiator).
- 2.5cm (1") above the radiator.
- 2.5cm (1") above floor level.