You will Need:
- 1 Metre of Red Felt for the base
- 0.55 Metres of plain fabric we used Christmas Plain Red
- 0.75 Metres of printed fabric we used Scandi Reindeer Natural
- 3 Metres of ribbon or a bias fro the 3 ties and the neck binding
- Using 1 metre Square for the base, fold in half and fold in half again.
- Measure downward 1.5" from the centre folded point for the neck, and 16.5" for the outer ring.
- Draw 4 more rings on this 33" circle, spacing them at 3" apart.
- Cut the outer and the neck rings and cut a slit between the two.
- Cut 7 strips of 4" from the printed fabric & 5 strips of 4" from the plain fabric.
- Join 3.5 strips together on the widths of the printed fabric (for the outer ring).
- Join 3 widths together in the plain fabric for the next ring.
- Join 2.5 widths together of the printed fabric.
- Join 2 widths for the next ring in the plain fabric.
- 1 width of printed fabric should remain of printed fabric for the last ring.
- Gather each strip and sew to the base fabric along the drawn lines.
- Bind the neck with the ribbon or bias.
- Cut 6 x 12" lengths of ribbon, and sew in as 3 sets either side of opening for the ties.
- Tie the bows to finish.