Halloween is nearly here, and we're promoting creativity and fun this year with our Halloween Spooktacular Kids' Costume Competition!
If you love getting creative, test your skills against other crafters and sewers by creating and entering your best children's Halloween costume. Creating unique Halloween costumes for yourself or your child is fun, and a perfect group activity for all the family. Both adults and kids can enter, so there's no excuse not to get all the family involved!
How to enter:
Entering is easy! Just follow these steps to enter your home made Halloween costume.
- Visit the Hickeys Fabrics Facebook Page.
- Like the Hickeys Fabrics Facebook page, and comment underneath the competition post with a picture of your entry.
- Five finalists will be selected for further judging, and the winner will be selected from this group.
What will you win?
The lucky winner of the Home Focus at Hickeys Halloween Spooktacular Competition will get to choose between two fantastic prizes. Option One: A Brother LS14 Sewing Machine. Option Two: A full term of after school workshop at Project Fashion in one of their 15 destinations!
Looking for inspiration:
Our Halloween costumes are the perfect inspiration to get you started on your own unique design, and are full of great ideas for using different fabrics such as netting, felt, faux fur, and more! Experiment with different fabrics, or take a look at our Halloween Fabrics to get inspired!
Why not try:
- Our wide selection of Felt.
- This beautiful metallic cobweb fabric.
- A lovely Satin Spiderweb fabric.
- A funky Halloween Cobweb Ribbon.
- Some fluffy Swansdown in Black, Purple, Red, and more.
- Finish the look with a Face Painting Kit!
Remember, you can use any fabric or craft item from Hickeys or Home Focus stores, so feel free to get creative and think outside the box. We love to see unusual and inspiring use of fabrics and other materials!
Terms & Conditions:
- All costumes must be made by the entrant and feature exclusively fabrics purchased from any Hickeys or Home Focus store. Costumes that do not meet this condition will be disqualified.
- This competition is open to residents of Ireland & the UK.
- The closing date for entries is 1st November 2017, and the winner will be announced soon after!
- No staff of Hickey & Company, or family of staff members, will be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no competition entry fee, but entrants will be required to cover the cost of their entry.
- All costumes must be suitable for a child to wear.
- Winner will be chosen by an independent expert judge. This decision is final.
- Entrants will be disqualified for entering any costume that is not their own work, or that contain unapproved fabrics.
- Hickey & Company reserve the right to disqualify any entry deemed to breach the conditions of the competition.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Irish data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.