Halloween is nearly here, and we're promoting creativity and fun this year with our Halloween Spooktacular Kids' Costume Competition! Win your choice of Hamper, packed full of children's goodies that all the family will enjoy.
If you love getting creative, test your skills against other crafters and sewers by creating your best children's Halloween and entering. Creating unique Halloween costumes for yourself or your child is fun, and a perfect group activity for all the family. Both adults and kids can enter, so there's no excuse not to get all the family involved!
How to enter:
Entering is easy! Just follow these steps to enter your home made Halloween costume.
- Visit the Home Focus Facebook Page.
- Like the Home Focus Facebook page, and comment underneath the competition post with a picture of your entry.
- Five finalists will be selected for further judging, and the winner will be selected from this group.
What will you win?
The lucky winner of the Home Focus at Hickeys Halloween Spooktacular Competition will get to choose between two fantastic hampers. All you have to do is let us know which one you would like if you win (or even if you'd like a mix of both!).
Looking for inspiration:
Our Halloween costumes are the perfect inspiration to get you started on your own unique design, and are full of great ideas for using different fabrics such as netting, felt, faux fur, and more! Experiment with different fabrics, or take a look at our list of recommended fabrics and trimmings for Halloween costume making.
Why not try:
- Our wide selection of Felt.
- This luxurious Doodle Faux Fur Cream.
- This beautiful metallic cobweb fabric.
- This glitzy Rainbow Stars Fabric.
- A lovely Metallic Stars Fabric.
- A funky Halloween Cobweb Ribbon or Spooky Witch Ribbon.
- Some fluffy Swansdown in Black, Purple, Red, and more.
- Finish the look with a Face Painting Kit!
Remember, you can use any fabric or craft item from Hickeys or Home Focus stores, so feel free to get creative and think outside the box. We love to see unusual and inspiring use of fabrics and other materials!
Terms & Conditions:
- All costumes made be made by the entrant and feature exclusively fabrics purchased from any Hickeys or Home Focus store. Costumes that do not meet this condition will be disqualified.
- This competition is open to residents of Ireland & the UK.
- The closing date for entries is 1st November 2016, and the 5 finalists will be announced by 4th November 2016. The winner will be announced on 7th November 2016.
- No staff of Hickey & Company, or family of staff members, will be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no competition entry fee, but entrants will be required to cover the cost of their entry.
- All costumes must be suitable for a child to wear.
- All finalists and winners will be chosen by an independent expert judge. This decision is final.
- The 'Top 5 Finalists' will be chosen based on their photo entry, and further judged based on this photo in order to determine the winner.
- Entrants will be disqualified for entering any costume that is not their own work, or that contain unapproved fabrics.
- Hickey & Company reserve the right to disqualify any entry deemed to breach the conditions of the competition.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Irish data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.